Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Design Consultation

Step Two: Get our plans on paper and out of our heads!


It's time to set our plans in motion!!  

We have learned, a loooong time ago, that we are not meant to do our own work... like at all.  I've painted, but I hate it... we installed flooring, but never officially finished... yep, it's just not our cup of tea.  We are much more of the planners and this time, we are actually going to be putting those plans on paper and setting the whole plan into motion.  OMG, am I ever excited.

To get this plan in action, we have actually enlisted the help of Tracy from Home Hardware to come out and listen to our ideas, give us hers and officially start the ball rolling.

Where did Tracy come from:

I'm not talking about her background, but how did we find Tracy?  Well, my parents are using her to complete their kitchen renovation and, honestly, I trust their opinions.  They are happy with the process, the price and Tracy so... that works for me.

April 4 - Design Consultation

You guys... my mind has been blown.  I have created Pinterest boards to outline all of the ideas that I have and the colours that I am thinking of... from cabinets to flooring to paint colours.  When Tracy arrived, I had my boards all ready to show her and told her some of my ideas... she took those and ran with them.

We started in the kitchen and when we finished (after only about 30-40 minutes of chatting and throwing ideas back and forth), the layout of the kitchen will be changing... not the overall layout but some major changes are coming down the road.  The fridge will be on the other side of the kitchen, we will be getting a corner sink, a shorter counter to make the entry into the kitchen easier.  My favourite part is the 'breakfast bar'... not a place to eat at, but a place to make toast and store bread that isn't on the main counter surface... is that a weird thing to be excited about??  Oh well, I don't care... it makes me freaking giddy!

Tracy also looked at all three of the bathrooms and we are basically taking the full bathrooms (we have two full baths and one half bath) back to the drywall and building them from scratch.  Our main bathroom will have a walk-in shower instead of a bath/shower combo, a new vanity and just brought into a more functional, updated space.  The ensuite is also going to basically be taken to drywall (with the exception of the soaker tub) and get a new stand-up shower, new tiling around the tub and totally modernized!  

OMG, the colours in my mind ... the look that we have planned... I am SO excited!  I want to make an oasis with soothing colours and functionality.  We have planned spaces that are going to give us everything that we want.

Next up for design:

April 18 - Second appointment with Tracy

Our next appointment is going to be at Home Hardware where we will see the plans actually put on paper.  We will also be picking our finishes and colours and all of the fun stuff (appliances, counters, flooring... eek).  Most importantly, we will see our price in full on BLACK AND WHITE!  We have a number in the back of our heads of what we think the cost will be so I am interested to see what the number actually is.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment